A Warm Summer Day




Hi, Everyone!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Feeling blessed to have a nice warm sunny summer day without the rain.  We've had several days this month already with rain and many of us are dealing with flooding. Those that are dealing with the flooding be safe. I pray that you will get through this. Our Lord is amazing! He may bring us to things, but He doesn't let us go them alone. He's right there by our side. He's holding our hand, walking with us through our challenges, trials, difficult times. We may shed many tears, tears of sadness, tears of feeling overwhelmed; there are many types of tears we may shed, but our Lord is there holding us up, wrapping his arms around us. When I think about that this verse comes to mind from Psalm 91:4 "He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." The reason I think of this verse is how much our loving Lord protects us His children. When we are weak He is there to lift us up. In Him we need not be afraid as He is our refuge. We can take refuge in Him.

Another great passage that comes to mind a wonderful friend shared with me. We have made it our friendship verse. These verses are from I Thessalonians 5:16-19. "Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. Do not stifle the Holy Spirit." I am thankful that the Lord put Mary in my life. She sent me a great message the day that we laid our beloved Aunt Cora to rest. In Mary's message she said that she felt she needed to pray for me, but didn't know why. When we chatted later I told her that we were traveling as a family about an hour away for the funeral of our beloved Aunt. She then knew why the God put me on her heart. Just as Mary praying for me and my family I do the same when God puts someone on my heart. I immediately stop what I am doing and spend time in prayer. While we don't always know why we are praying for the one that God laid on our heart He guides us through our prayer for them and for their need. He already knows what their need is or are He gets His prayer warriors praying for His children. I am so glad He does. I have prayed for family and friends this way and when I talk to them later I sometimes find out that they were in a difficult situation or something was happening that they needed prayer, but didn't reach out to anyone for prayer. I love when God does this in His own way. I feel He let's us see these moments to encourage us to take it on and heed His guiding us in prayer when He lays someone on our hearts - so don't shy away from being a blessing to someone who needs someone to pray for them. 

Have a great day Moms!!


0 comments: