Feeling Discouraged, Overwhelmed, Defeated-Go to the throne! Pray!



Good morning, Moms!!! Hope you're having a wonderful day. The craziness of the morning rush is over now that the kids are off to school. I know my morning routine can be crazy, exciting, frustrating all depending on how our son responds to his day. I am always busy trying to get to the source of his frustration, his craziness when he cannot find what he needs or if he feels rushed. I tell him take a step back, breathe, pray. Ask God to direct you to what you need, ask Him to calm your spirit. After he's calmed and more like himself  I send him off for his day. He's a great son. 

I chose the picture for today speaking on feeling defeated, feeling down, feeling pressed against the wall because of circumstances in your life for a reason. I had an injury that occurred in April and lasted an extended amount of time. I am still dealing with some of the extenuating things from that injury. I at first felt so defeated, alone, questioned why is this still continuing? I stopped, paused then got myself around some great Godly friends and asked them to pray along with me. They still don't know all that is going on, but that didn't matter to them. What mattered was that I came to them asking them to pray with me when I was feeling discouraged by the circumstances. We prayed and added the Word, and are continuing to pray for what God can do! Amen! We know what He has done for all of us, but I will continue to be thankful and rejoice in what He can do! I know my battles are far from over, but God is with me! I know He is with me through this now and going forward. 

So when you're feeling crushed, defeated, burdened, down--look up! Pray to the Lord. Let Him take it, let Him help you through-lay it down at the cross. Ask Him to help you, to comfort you, to refresh you. He will do it for you, trust Him. As much as I have been in His Word, singing praise music, shedding tears; I know He has this -- I will get through! Now I leave you with this other picture; this one I designed from using the pine near our home. I also want to leave you with a few verses to think about. 

He alone is my rock and my salvation, 
 my fortress where I will not be shaken. 
  (Psalm 62:6 NLT)

God is our refuge and strength, 
 always ready to help in times of trouble. (Psalm 46:1 NLT)

The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, 
 a refuge in times of trouble. 
 Those who know your name trust in you, 
 for you, O  Lord , do not abandon those who search for you. (Psalm 9:9 - 9:10 NLT)

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:17 - 4:18 NKJV)

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. (Ephesians 6:10 NLT)

I pray that this helps you in your time of need. If you need or want to contact me please leave a comment and I will respond when I can. 







Have a great day Moms!!

0 comments: