The Shepherd's Oil...so Anointing!


Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil; 
For you are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; 
My cup runs over. 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me 
All the days of my life; 
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.


Good Afternoon Moms! I pray that you're having a beautiful day. I wanted to give you something to think about. I have been reading the 23rd Psalm today. My focus on this is in verse 5 "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over." Did you see the part that I have written in red? This is where I would like to focus with our sheep up above the 23rd Psalm. As you see the shepherd is holding the head of the sheep and pouring oil over the sheep's head. There is a good reason for this. 

Sheep can get their heads caught in briers and die trying to get untangled. There are flies that torment sheep by laying their eggs in their nostrils which turn into worms. These worms can cause the sheep to hit their heads against the ground, against rocks to try and free them from the worms. Sometimes by the sheep doing this causes their own deaths. The sheep's eyes and ears are also susceptible to insects bothering them. The shepherd as you see in the picture will anoint their whole head with oil. There is now peace for the sheep. The oil creates a barrier of protection against the evil that tries to destroy the sheep. Do you worry about a lot of things in your life? Do you overthink things? Do you get so overwhelmed that you feel that the only option left is to beat your head against the wall? Have you ever asked God, your Shepherd to anoint your head with oil? He has an endless supply! He is there waiting for you to ask Him. Please don't wait! His oil protects and makes it possible for you to fix your heart, your mind, keep your eyes on Him today and always!! 

Have a great day Moms!!

0 comments: