One of the Many Trials in Motherhood


Good Afternoon, Everyone! I hope you're enjoying your day. I have been enjoying the time with my family and now spending some one on one time with my son. We have been working on a project together that he'd like to get started in the building.  

Yesterday was a day of many appointments with our son. We had to first go to the Children's Hospital for an ultrasound then to the Urologist, Dr. Mason for the reading of the ultrasound. We had discovered over a year ago now a calcification in our son's testicle. He had been experiencing some testicular pain. We found the calcification; at first as all parents do we worried about our son. What are our options? What is our next step?? Who do we see from here?? What is the plan of care?? We then paused after the running of the fast forward button of our minds.  We went to the throne. We went to God in prayer; we sought Him in our next steps. We knew and know He is the Great Physician, the Great Healer.  We trusted Him with this and prayed that in His Will, His timing that this calcification is removed. God has His plans, His ways; we have to trust the way He leads in our circumstances. 

The ultrasound went smoothly, two technicians came in and took pictures as one of the techs was just learning what is expected and being trained. I was fine with this because I was able to be there to see the photographs that they were taking. Meanwhile, our son slept through his entire ultrasound. Yes, he was that relaxed. We then walked across to the urologist's office. We arrived for our appointment and discussed the results with Dr. Mason. He assured us that everything looked good. The calcification was still there but had not changed at all in size or shape. He also told us that unless there was an issue he would see us in two years!! We praise God for this!!! 

We then left for the Diabetes Center to get our son's DEXA scan for his bones. We need to see where he stands with the density of his bones to determine if infusions are again needed or if we can continue on with our break from having to go to the Children's Cancer Center.  I was in the room while they performed the DEXA and what I saw of the previous scan to this one his bones look much better. I will know better after his appointment with the Nephrologist where we stand far as infusions. 

I must say again that I am seeing great things with the Vitamin D-3 that we are taking. Our levels have improved instead of decreasing. I know we are in our Lord's hands. I am so blessed that we are Children of God as it says in I John 3:1-2 "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."

I will update this post as soon as we have the results of the levels and his bone density. I am not worried about this result. I know God has him in His care. 


Have a great day Moms!!

0 comments: