Bittersweet Day........

Good Morning! I pray that you have a wonderful day today! This morning is a happy day but at the same time a bittersweet day. I say this because it is the last day of school then summer begins for us. You may think how ungrateful are you Mom for saying that about the last day of school. I know just how much our son loves school; he loves his routine. When the routine changes, when the routine ends, it takes him time to get adjusted and that can be difficult and take some time. He went out the door with a sullen look on his face. I know this is going to be a long day for him. He tried to sound chipper as he does saying his last words out the door, "Mama, I love you. I'll see you when I get home." I hurt for him because I know how much he loves school and the routine. I have been planning for this day for a while. Throughout the year I look for things to do during the summer. I plan these and make sure I have the supplies for the things we can do together. I will ask him at times what would you like to do during the summer? Have you thought about this at all? Sometimes he will surprise me with answers; other times he won't have anything to share. Those are the times I dig a little deeper to find something that he'd never think of and do that together.  

I do hope that we can get to camp sometime this summer. Camp, as we both say, is heaven on earth. We love getting up there. The St. Lawrence River is majestic! We love to get out there! Time to get on with the day........

Have a great day Moms!!

0 comments: