God’s Faithfulness



Greetings! I have been thinking how do I open this entry. There has been so much going on in my everyday life. That is not what this post is about. What this post is about is God’s faithfulness. He is faithful even when we aren’t. I know that seems harsh, but it’s truth. We may feel like we are walking with heavy things in our lives alone, but we are not because God is there! He is right there alongside us when we may not feel Him there. 

My husband and I spent time in prayer day after day, week after week, month after month then it became a year then two years. There were times in those times of prayer “God are you hearing us?” He would show us in His Word He indeed was there. I remember one passage of scripture from Psalm 37: 5-7 “Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.”  The first part there “Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him and He will help you...” This really was the greatest reminder for my husband and I. I am not saying we forgot or doubted the Lord because we didn’t. While praying about  this heavy thing in our life that we were praying that the Lord would answer, provided it was His will. We can say the trials that came up in praying about it, the different negative things people were saying around us, trying to cause doubt and lose trust in God’s faithfulness was a challenge all in itself. I know I would always pray against that negativity. I would pray against the discouragement that it would cause in my spirit. This continued as I said, this went on for two years. 

The more time went on, the more I wrote in my prayer journal about this that we were praying for. The more I dug into God’s Word and spent time talking to Him about this. I remember times of pouring my heart out and the tears would flow. God would bring a scripture to mind, bring a song to mind, He would have a friend bring a word to me; they would say something to let me know He is still there He hasn’t left us. Friends, even our Pastor would say something that would encourage us to continue in prayer, continue in our faithfulness to the Lord. Our Pastor didn’t know what our burden was. He would ask praise and prayer in service when it would come up for “unspoken” that is when my hand would go up because then I didn’t have to say what the burden was, BUT God knew already what it was that was heavy on our hearts. He knew the significance this meant and the impact on our lives if this came about. This reminds me of a scripture the Lord gave me when I was carrying our son through a very complicated pregnancy. The verse comes from Habakkuk 2:3 “For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” We may have been feeling like this won’t happen for a long time if at all. Yes, we did doubt some because of some of the negative thoughts and comments being presented around us. I held on to the passage from Psalm 37 and others that God gave me throughout the two years of praying about this heavy burden. 

God was faithful as He always is. He did things in His time, not ours. He caused us to grow, to trust Him more, to spend more time in the Word and allowing Him to show us scripture to pull us through. I have to say that this was a long, long, long journey, but I am so thankful because God blessed us and answered our prayer for this heavy burden and things will be changing in our lives. I pause to remind you to remember God is faithful! He is there with you when you feel alone. Those are times when He is wrapping you in His loving arms and carrying you through the difficult times to that peaceful shore if you will. He will get you to the other side; maybe not always what you hoped for, planned for, but He will show His will in what He has in store for you, you just have to trust Him.  Thanks for taking a moment to read this post. 

Have a great day Moms!!

0 comments: