Have You Been Thumped??





Good Afternoon Moms!! I pray that you are having a wonderful weekend with your family and friends. Just wanted to talk to you a bit about the title of this post that I chose. Usually when we say we’ve been thumped we make comments like “You’ve got to be kidding!!” You May have had to deal with a grumpy teacher, a grumpy Mom, maybe a burnt meal because you were distracted, and I will end with this one. You are out driving doing errands and now you have a flat tire. Now those are some “thumps” that we deal with in our day to day lives.

Have you ever thought about the other kinds of thumps we deal with? How about in Luke 6:45 Jesus said “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good, and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” Sometimes there's nothing better than a good thump to reveal the nature of a heart of someone. The true heart of someone isn't in momentary things. It's in the thumping-packed things of everyday living.

I find myself thanking God for the "thumps" He gives me. I am sure not to thank Him half-heartedly; I do it wholeheartedly. I rejoice, I jump up and down with a joyful heart thanking Him from the bottom of my heart. I find this in James 1:2-4 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." I feel that chances are God is doing the thumping in me and He's doing it for my own good. I take every thump as God is molding me, using it for a faith-building experience.

I find thumps like reading my Sunday School lesson then going to the service and finding Pastor says something from the lesson. Yes, that's a thump from God. I take it as a reminder of what I have heard and spent some time in the Word and prayer.  I have had this experience in a small group that I am leading. I have just taught a chapter we have read and someone says something, I read something, God directs me in His Word and wouldn't you know it another thump. I take these as God moments. I hope you will too the next time you get thumped.
  Have a great day Moms!!

0 comments: